Beginning today, The Hays Daily News joins the national trend of newspapers charging for online access to news content. The reason for this shift is, simply, that news content has value whether in print or online.
Subscribers to The Hays Daily News may access the PDF version free of charge. Online privileges will be part of their subscription. Subscribers can create their online account here:
Those who are not subscribers, and want the PDF version only, subscribe for an $11.50 monthly fee for access privileges.
As with the print product, we welcome readers’ suggestions for how to improve HDNews.net. Please let us know what you think. Please call 785-628-1081 with any suggestions.
If you experience problems accessing the digital edition please use the checklist below as a guideline to troubleshoot your problem.
1. Has your subscription expired? If you are unsure if your subscription has expired use the online customer service center to check.
2. Do you have cookies turned on in your Web browser? Cookies are required in order to access the digital edition. See the information below for more details on cookies.
3. Check to make sure you are correctly entering in your username and password. Passwords are case sensitive so if you signed up using capital letters in your password, it is CRITICAL that you type it exactly how you did when you signed up.
4. If you forgot your password use the online customer service center for a hint.
5. If you continue to have problems accessing the Web edition please E-Mail our circulation department or call 785-628-1081.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer. A cookie allows The Hays Daily News to track whether you are logged in as a guest or a subscriber. The cookies on HDNews.net do not store any personal information.
Turning Cookies On
Below are some suggestions for how to turn cookies on in your Web browser. This will vary across different versions of browsers.
If you have Internet Explorer try the Tools menu, then Internet Options and Internet Security. Click on the button Custom Level, in this make sure the button for cookie enable is checked.
If you have Netscape Navigator please go to the Edit menu then Preferences and Advanced and make sure the box for Accept all cookies is checked.
If you have Mozilla go to Preferences, click Privacy & Security and select cookies. Make sure Allow all cookies and Accept cookies normally are selected.
Or check the help files in your browser for additional information.